Monthly Photo Contest Rules
ELIGIBLE PHOTOS: This monthly photo contest is designed for fans who already own and love their Trek Light Gear products. Only pictures which clearly display a Trek Light Gear product in the photo will be accepted for the contest. If you're taking a photo specifically for the contest please do your best to make sure our logo is visible on the product somewhere in the photo, however that's not a requirement for entry. Our hammocks are an easy choice for taking great photos, but this contest is open to any product from our line.
DURATION: Unless otherwise specified, each month's contest begins at 12:01am PST on the 1st of the month and ends at 11:59PM PST on the last day of that month. Winners will typically be announced within 2-3 business days following the end of each month.
CHOOSING A WINNER: Trek Light Gear's staff will choose our favorite photo from the submitted entries. Decisions will be made on a variety of factors from content, quality, composition, lighting, and more. Impress us and win!
- There are two ways to enter:
Visit our Facebook page and look for the Photo Contest link at the top or left side of the page. Fill out the entry form to upload and submit your photo.
- Enter your photo directly from Instagram simply by using the hashtag #TLGPhotoConteston your photo.
- If you enter your photo via Instagram you must also email the photo in the highest resolution possible to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you enter via Instagram you have the benefit of your photo remaining in the entry pool and automatically being entered for the next month's contest. Photos entered using the entry form do not carry over and must be re-entered in each month's contest.
- We reserve the right to remove or disqualify photos from the entry pool at our discretion. If your photo was removed and you aren't sure why feel free to get in touch, there's surely a reason!
PRIZE:Unless otherwise specified, each month's winner will receive a $50 Gift Certificate that can be used on our website (TrekLightGear.com). The Gift Certificate is considered a "promotional gift certificate" which means that it cannot be combined with any other coupons, sales or promotions of any kind. It also cannot be used for any products on our site that specifically state that coupons or discounts are not valid. Upon being confirmed as the winner you will be emailed an electronic gift certificate code worth $50. The gift certificate prize has no cash value and can only be used as described above.
- Keep it CLASSY! Any pictures deemed to be inappropriate or offensive will be disqualified.
One (1) Winner will be chosen each month. (Additional 'runner-up' prizes may be given at our discretion)
- An individual can win no more than two (2) Photo Contest prizes in a calendar year.
- Each person may submit up to two (2) photos in each monthly contest. Any additional photos submitted will be removed from voting (but can definitely be submitted in future contests).
If your photo doesn't win it's still eligible to entered in any future monthly photo contests. Don't give up! Re-enter your photos each month for another shot at winning.
- There are no size requirements for the photo, however please submit your photos at the highest resolution available to you. The better the quality of the photo the better your chances of getting votes and winning!
- By entering the Trek Light Gear Photo Contest you agree to grant Trek Light Gear permissions and rights to use the image indefinitely on any page at TrekLightGear.com, on our blog, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and any other media channels as well as in any and all online advertising or printed materials. In other words, if you submit a great photo we want to show it off!
Photo Rights: The photo you submit must be yours or you must have proof that you've been granted the rights to the photo - submitting a photo that you do not have the rights to will not be allowed and can lead to disqualification from all future contests. You must also have full permission of any recognizable persons appearing in the photograph to be able to grant Trek Light Gear the right to display the photo online or in printed material. If your photo is chosen Trek Light Gear may at its discretion (and at any time) request that you submit a simple Model Release for any recognizable person(s) in the photo. If you can't provide the release for all of the recognizable subjects in the photo we will unfortunately have to choose a new winner.
IMPORTANT: This contest is not intended to be an 'extreme' photo contest in any way. Whether setting up your hammock for a photo opportunity or not, we always ask that you be as safe as possible. That means not setting up your hammock at a height where a fall or malfunction could cause injury to you, or in any way whatsoever that could injure the people around you or cause damage to the property, trees, etc. that you're hanging your hammock from.
Equipment, even brand new equipment, can fail.We realize that our fan base primarily consists of responsible and knowledgeable outdoor lovers capable of maintaining a high level of safety even in situations that appear dangerous to the outside eye. If you choose to disregard our safety recommendations and hang your hammock from anything above a safe height (3' or more), you should always have a safety backup plan in case of failure - a harness, ropes, etc. that would protect you from any injury. None of the pictures submitted or chosen as winners are intended to be official endorsements by Trek Light Gear, nor do they serve to modify or negate any of our safety recommendations. Please help us to keep this photo contest from turning into an extreme show off contest - Trek Light Gear reserves the right to disqualify any entries that promote a blatantly unsafe use of our products. A beautiful background and beautiful composition is all that's needed to impress!
Trek Light Gear reserves the right to modify these rules at any time to make sure the contest is run smoothly and fairly for all involved - have fun and hammock on!