When you create a brand and watch that brand grow there will always be moments when you realize it’s truly taken on a life of its own. Case in point: I’m looking through the traffic stats for the website this morning and I find out we’re getting some traffic from a new site:
Yep, that’s right.
I’ve been saying it for years but it seems nobody took me seriously, until now. When World War Z breaks out , your Trek Light hammock will be one of the most essential items in your pack. Let’s discuss.
- The zombies can’t reach you
- You can get a safe night’s full rest
- The leaves from the tree(s) you are in can block you from view
However, there is one caveat to remember:
There’s only one way out: Down. How you get down is optional, but no matter what, you can be effectively boxed in. A loitering zombie could a) Delay your departure or b) Force you to kill it, drawing attention to you.
Loitering zombies aside, I think the case is made for a hammock being an incredible survival tool during a zombie outbreak. The last thing you want is to have to carry around a tent while you try to reach a non-zombie-infested city and don’t even get me started on how you can also use your hammock as a chair, sail, kite, zombie trap and much more.
The article also lists some more tent disadvantages that appropriately seem to apply to both zombie survival and every day use:
- You can’t really hide a tent.
- It takes a while to set up/dismantle.
- When inside it, you can’t see what’s going on with the rest of the world. A zombie could sneak up on you no problem.
- If a zombie does sneak up on you, it takes a few seconds to get out of the tent and get situated. And then what? You’ve left your tent behind.
Whether you’re going for zombie survival or just looking for the most comfortable way to survive each and every day, a Trek Light hammock is the obvious choice.
Many thanks to the author and the Zombie Survival & Defense Wiki for giving the hammock its due (and don’t forget, you can easily add on a hammock bug net and rain fly to make sure you keep out not only zombies but also those pesky mosquitoes and rain).
Don’t wait until it’s too late, get your official ‘Zombie Survival Approved’ hammock today.